Information Security Program
I’d love to apply my 15+ years of security experience to help secure your organization. I’ve worked for a variety of companies, some of which you may have heard of including PwC, Indeed, and YETI. I also hold a number of top security certifications. My focus is on vulnerability management, network security monitoring, and incident response.
I’ve administered a variety of security platforms:
- Palo Alto Firewall
- Tenable Nessus
- Microsoft 365 / Intune
- Recorded Future
I can help you get your security program off the ground or help with specific initiatives such as:
- Overall security assessment
- Policy, procedure, and process writing
- Security awareness trainings
- Vulnerability management program
- Intrusion analysis and network security monitoring
I enjoy writing and would be happy to work with you to write documentation or a guest post. Check out some of my writing, including both technical and creative samples:
- Zeekurity Zen Zeries: I documented step-by-step how to install and configure the open source Zeek platform to monitor your network for anomalous activity.
- How to Choose The Right EPP / EDR Solution: I created a methodology for fairly evaluating and choosing the right EPP/EDR solution for your business.
- Attacking The BlueKeep: I stepped through a Windows exploit using Metasploit to educate and demonstrate the ease of this attack.
- GlobalProtect VPN How-To Guide: I walkthrough specifically how to set up a Palo Alto GlobalProtect VPN configuration for secure remote VPN access.
- Secure and Monitor Microsoft 365 with Elastic: I walkthrough my freely available custom Elastic dashboards to secure and monitor Microsoft 365 cloud environments.