Information Security Program
I’d love to apply my 15+ years of security experience to help secure your organization. I’ve worked for a variety of companies, some of which you may have heard of including PwC, Indeed, and YETI. I also hold a number of top security certifications. My focus is on vulnerability management, network security monitoring, and incident response.
I’ve administered numerous security platforms:
- Palo Alto Firewalls / Prisma
- CrowdStrike Falcon
- Tenable Nessus
- Security Onion
I can help you get your security program off the ground or help with specific initiatives such as:
- Overall security assessment.
- Policy, procedure, and process writing.
- Security awareness trainings.
- Vulnerability management program.
- Intrusion analysis and network security monitoring.
I enjoy writing and would be happy to work with you to write documentation or a guest post. Check out some of my writing, including both technical and creative samples:
- Zeekurity Zen Zeries: Part I – How to Install Zeek on CentOS 8: I documented step by step how to install and configure the open source Zeek / Bro platform to monitor your network for anomalous activity.
- How to Choose The Right EPP / EDR Solution: I created a methodology for fairly evaluating and choosing the right EPP/EDR solution for your business. This post was featured in the CrowdStrike blog.
- Integrating Tenable Nessus with Splunk: I developed a custom python script to send Tenable Nessus data to Splunk. Using this data, I created actionable queries and dashboards. This post explains how I did this and gives an idea of my documentation style.
- Hank’s Oyster Bar Yelp Review: Yes, this is a review of a seafood restaurant to the tune of “No Diggity.” And there’s plenty more where that came from in the form of haikus, limericks, and yes, more songs.